Paul and I ended up getting Marvel Unlimited really inexpensively due to a Christmas promotion that Marvel was running. I’ve decided that, much like the books I read, I would take the time to review the comics I read. So call this the start of a new series!
First up is Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers. Why? Because I’m weird.
- #1 Orig. Published: May 13, 2009
- #2 Orig. Published: June 10, 2009
- #3 Orig. Published: July 15, 2009
- #4 Orig. Published: August 12, 2009
- Writer: Chris Eliopoulos
- Penciller: Ig Guara, Karl Kerschl
- Colorist: Chris Sotomayor, Colleen Coover, Romain Gaschet
- Letterer: Nate Piekos
The pets and animal sidekicks of the various avengers ally to collect the infinity gems. Ultimately, a baddy shows up and they go to town on him. I found the book silly, a bit irreverent and downright fun. If you like off-kilter departures from marvel’s norm that’s touch a touch tongue in cheek you should track these down. I know I’ll happily snag any new issues from my local comic shop when I see them that star this rag-tag band!