I’ve covered a bunch of bunk type news of late. So I’m going to cover some fun stuff for a bit and get some real news into this blog. Today’s theme is Prehistory.
- ‘Living’ Molecules Found in Ancient Fossils – FEB 20, 2013 12:44 PM ET // BY JENNIFER VIEGAS
Non-fossilied structures are being retrieved from 350-million year old remains of aquatic sea creatures from Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa.
- Dinosaurs May Not Have Had Fleas After All – FEB 20, 2013 01:00 PM ET // BY JENNIFER VIEGAS
Why couldn’t dogs have evolved this way?
- Newly Found Dino Had Chicken-Sized Young – FEB 22, 2013 11:45 AM ET // BY JENNIFER VIEGAS
New science on Ovaraptors based on the Yulong mini find!
- How Dinosaurs Grew The World’s Longest Necks – FEB 24, 2013 10:45 AM ET // BY LIVESCIENCE
This article discusses the special adaptations that made sauropod dinosaurs able to have the longest necks to have existed on earth to our knowledge!
And, we have a surprise visit from the Evolution vs. Creationism “debate”.
- Creationism Creeping into Schools – FEB 15, 2013 08:00 AM // DISCOVERY NEWS
Anti-science is all too common. 5 bills are proposed already. But it’s not just Creationism and Intelligent Design. Now it’s “Academic Freedom” to question things like Stem Cell Research or Climate Change. The bills want to give teachers the right to skip over units required by curriculum in favor of their own personal views.
- Antiscience bills die in Arizona and Oklahoma – February 26, 2013 // By idoubtit
Isn’t it shiny when things go so well? Of the 5 mentioned above on the 15th, 2 have lost! This is why you need to watch these cases and make your voices heard in response to them! Hopefully the other three will also get struck down!